PROFESSIONAL TRAINING COURSES
COURSE FOR “MUSICAL THEATRE SUBSTITUTE ASSISTANT PIANIST“ 2016
COURSE FOR “SINGER OF BAROQUE, MOZART AND ROSSINI OPERATIC REPERTOIRE” 2015
“PROFESSIONALISM IN MUSIC AND IN MUSICAL THEATRE“
Recruitment of students for advanced professional training course
"MUSICAL THEATRE SUBSTITUTE ASSISTANT PIANIST"
PAR FSC 2007-2013 Axis I “Human capital and social inclusion” – Operational objective I.2: “Support for advanced training course” - Action I.2.1.b “Support for advanced professional training”
Intervention no. 3
Organisation conducting the intervention:
Istituzione Teatro Lirico Sperimentale di Spoleto “A. Belli”
This notice is also published on http://www.regione.umbria.it/ in the subject area: “Culture - promotion and development of entertainment”,
and on the website of the implementing party www.tls-belli.it under the item Activities/Training courses and workshops.
Description of the professional person
The course aims to train a highly professional individual, in demand in the field of musical theatre. “The “musical theatre substitute assistant pianist“covers various major roles such as: musical assistant or musical stage director, house manager, assistant manager for lighting and subtitles, and prompter. He must be first and foremost a good, eclectic, versatile and musical pianist, with a consolidated piano technique and excellent score sight-reading. He must be able to replace the conductor in his absence and work on stage, with knowledge of the operatic repertoire.
The course structure
The course consists of a classroom training stage lasting a total of 350 hours and a practical stage of one month (120 hours), which will take place at the Istituzione Teatro Lirico Sperimentale di Spoleto “A. Belli” with registered office in Piazza G. Bovio no. 1 06049 Spoleto, operational premises in Piazza Garibaldi Ex Caserma Minervio, 06049 Spoleto. The training activity will be divided into the following topics/Capitalisable Training Units:
- UFC 1. Acquisition of elements of History of Opera and Musical Theatre (30 hours)
- UFC 2. Acquisition of elements of the study of the Lied (30 hours)
- UFC 3. Acquisition of elements of musical IT applications (28 hours) Piano preparation to acquire the widest possible operatic and lied repertory possible, sight-reading, accompaniment for singers, performance (262 hours)
Classroom training will be held in the classrooms of the Teatro Lirico Sperimentale di Spoleto “A. Belli” operational premises Piazza Garibaldi (Ex Caserma Minervio), at the complex of Villa Redenta, Via Villa Redenta no. 1, 06049 Spoleto (Pg) and at suitable theatrical spaces available for the Institute in Spoleto and in Umbria.
The training course will presumably commence by January 2015
There will be no cost.
The Implementing Party will guarantee free lodging and one meal a day during the theoretical activity stage.
Students will be granted a work bursary for the practical stage.
Attendance is mandatory; to be admitted to the final exam each candidate shall guarantee a minimum attendance of 75% of the hours in both the theoretical and practical stages. If they pass the final exams, they have the right to be issued with a legally recognised certificate of professional qualification, pursuant to the Law 845/78.
Participants and requisites for admission
The course is reserved for no. 10 students;
Applicants must hold the following requisites:
- Diploma in Pianoforte issued by a Conservatoire or Academy of Music of equal and similar grade or
- 1st cycle three-year Degree in Pianoforte issued by a Conservatoire or Academy of Music of equal and similar grade or
- 2nd cycle two-year Degree in Pianoforte issued by a Conservatoire or Academy of Music of equal and similar grade
- Non-EU citizens must satisfy the current legislation on residence in Italy.
The aforementioned requisites must be fulfilled by the date of expiry of this Public Notice.
Those who have been accepted on the training course shall be domiciled in Umbria when training activities commence, under penalty of exclusion from participating in the course.
Expiry date for this application: 23 December 2014
The application should be written on unstamped paper and duly signed, pursuant and according to the Italian Presidential Decree 445/2000, and accompanied by a photocopy of a valid identity document.
In it they shall declare:
- personal data (first name, surname, date and place of birth, tax code);
- address of residence and domicile;
- telephone number, e-mail address;
- where necessary, possession of permit to stay and expiry date;
- qualification (also indicate the date of the award and the Institute/University/Conservatoire and Grade);
- authorisation for the Implementing Party and the Regione Umbria to process the data given in the application in order to fulfil the obligations of law, for training purposes, to communicate to external parties (professionals, business, companies, organisations) for possible employment and/or the creation of data banks, pursuant to the Legislative Decree 196/2003.
Furthermore, pursuant to Art. 3 of the Italian Presidential Decree No. 445/2000, “(...) according to Articles 46 and 47, citizens of Non-European states regularly living in Italy may use self-certifications which are restricted to the states, personal qualities and facts which can be certified by Italian public authorities, without prejudice to the special measures contained in the laws and regulations which discipline immigration and the status of the foreign person (...)”.
As regards any Qualifications achieved abroad, a copy of the original documentation shall be produced together with the relevant certificate of equivalence of the qualification and sworn translation.
A duly signed curriculum vitae shall be attached to the application.
The application forms are available from: Istituzione Teatro Lirico Sperimentale di Spoleto “A. Belli”, operational premises Piazza Garibaldi (Ex Caserma Minervio), 06049 Spoleto - tel. 0743.221645, fax 0743.222930, e-mail: email@example.com, or they can be downloaded from the web site www.tls-belli.it under the item Activities/Training courses and workshops.
The expiry date for this Notice is set for 23 December 2014. Therefore, the application may be presented, together with the attached documentation:
- by hand, within the aforementioned mandatory date under penalty of exclusion, from Monday to Friday from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. and from 3.30 to 5.30 p.m. at the Teatro Lirico Sperimentale di Spoleto “A. Belli”, Piazza Garibaldi Ex Caserma Minervio 06049 Spoleto;
- by registered letter with advice of receipt, addressed to Teatro Lirico Sperimentale di Spoleto “A.Belli” Piazza Garibaldi Ex Caserma Minervio 06049 Spoleto. In the latter case, the application will be considered valid if it has been sent before the mandatory expiry date; the postmark and date of the accepting Post Office will be considered as proof.
The Implementing Party will not be held liable for the loss of communications caused by an incorrect address given by the candidate or by a lack or late communication of a change in address compared to the one given in the application, or for any misdeliveries or postal/telegraphic delays or which are due to third parties, chance events or force majeure.
An examining board, constituted pursuant to the Public Notice approved by the Decision of the Regional Council 455/2014, will assess the applications received and will admit to the selection stage all those candidates who hold the requisites required by this Notice. The Implementing Party has the right to check possession of the prescribed requisites.
The selection tests for the candidates will consist of:
- a sight-reading piano performance of musical excepts taken from repertoire operatic works, chosen by the Board, with a reference to the vocal part;
- a piano performance of a solo piece chosen by the candidate lasting no longer than 10 minutes;
- a sight-reading piano performance of a vocal work chosen by the Board (the winners of the Competition for Young Opera Singers of the Teatro Lirico di Spoleto “A Belli will sing the works);
The list of candidates admitted or not admitted to the Selection test will be published on the web site www.tls-belli.it under the item Activities/Training courses and workshops.
This publication will be considered for all intents and purposes as notification, without any further obligation of communication by the implementing party, Istituzione Teatro Lirico Sperimentale di Spoleto “A. Belli”.
The Selection test will commence on 12 January 2015 at the Sala Monterosso in Villa Redenta, Via di Villa Redenta no. 1, 06049 Spoleto; any variations, dates and times regarding the aforementioned test will be duly published on the web site www.tls-belli.it.
The candidates shall bring a suitable, valid identity document to the tests and failure or delay in arrival at the place and on the day and at the time indicated on the website www.tls-belli.it will exclude them from the Selection.
This notice was drawn up pursuant to the Law n° 125 of 10.04.1991 and subsequent amendments and supplements, “Positive actions to implement man-woman equality at work”.
This Advanced Professional Training Course was approved by the D.D. no. 6202 of 31.07.2014 of the Regione Umbria - Regional Resource Management Umbria. Federalism, Financial and Instrumental Resources. Service of Evaluation of cultural and sports resources.
Name of the Implementing Party: Istituzione Teatro Lirico Sperimentale di Spoleto “A. Belli”
Denominazione del Soggetto attuatore:
Istituzione Teatro Lirico Sperimentale di Spoleto “A. Belli”
Piazza G. Bovio n. 1 – 06049 Spoleto (PG)
Tel.0743. 221645, fax 0743.222930
sito internet www.tls-belli.it
The Legal Representative of the Implementing Party
Maria Chiara Rossi
Manager for the Service
of Evaluation of cultural and sports resources Baldiserra Di Mauro
COURSE FOR “MUSICAL THEATRE SUBSTITUTE ASSISTANT PIANIST“ 2015
CORSO DI QUALIFICAZIONE PROFESSIONALE PER PROFESSORE D'ENSEMBLE DI MUSICA MODERNA E CONTEMPORANEA
COURSE FOR ORCHESTRA PLAYER 2010
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING COURSE FOR PIANO ACCOMPANIST OF OPERA 2010